Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kahdrii's 11th Letter Home

Yaeras,
It’s been some time since I heard from you.  Is everything okay there with you?  Sometimes all that keeps me going is reading the letters you send me.  Please write to me soon!

After the Badlands, I found myself in the Burning Steppes.  I tell you, I’m finding myself in the most inhospitable places laces.  If the Badlands was well named then the name Burning Steppes doesn’t really do this place justice.  Lava flows in most places, dragonkin and orcs everywhere along with the Darkiron Dwarven settlement.
I found myself working with a couple of humans named John Keeshan and Colonel Troteman.  These humans were from a settlement called Redridge and they were there to stop the Blackrock Orcs from invading their settlement.  This mission suited my need to help others and to take my mounting frustration over my inability to wield the Light properly out on someone.  There was settlement or Orcs nearby that was experimenting on whelps from various dragonflights.  I freed these whelps while killing the handlers and the black dragon broodlings.  Keeshan is going to see the freed whelps returned from whence they came.

Next, Colonel Troteman wanted me to infiltrate an Orc camp to see what I could find out and to execute 3 key members of the growing Orc army.  I didn’t have much trouble with that assignment and they each received what they deserved.  While doing the tasks that the Orc commander gave me to do, I was able to find out that an attack was imminent and returned to Troteman with that news.  Upon receiving this news, Troteman wanted me to put my disguise on again and meet with the Orc general to gain his trust.  I did a few tasks for the general and he was very impressed with me and sung my praises.  I was soon able to return to Troteman for further instructions.
Troteman sent me to a camp in the northern part of the Steppes called Morgan’s Vigil where he would meet me.  He wasn’t there when I arrived so I was able to rest up a bit.  It felt good to be able to remove the armor for a little while and get a good night’s sleep.   Troteman and Keeshan arrived the next morning and we had a bite to eat while they explained the next set of tasks they needed to me.  There were things I needed to collect for them – ash, worg meat and flamekin bodies.  It took me several days to collect all these things but Troteman was satisfied with my work.  While he prepared whatever he was going to do with those items, he asked Keeshan and me to scout the Blackrock army and if the opportunity arose to kill the Orc and Dragonflight champions stationed at various rally points throughout Dreadmaul Rock.   Needless to say, we made sure we had the opportunity to run into these champtions.   Keeshan also wanted to make a side stop to deliver the whelps I had rescued to Acride, who was apparently someone who could better take care of them.

We returned to Troteman who had almost completed his preparations.  I took the opportunity for a little meditation and a quick bite to eat.  When he called me to his side, I was feeling more refreshed and ready for the next step in the plan.  Troteman gave me several items to deliver to 3 leaders of the Orc army while in my ogre disguise.  The deliveries went off without a hitch and I returned to Troteman who told me to get some rest because the assault would begin on the next day.
We arose early and Troteman explained to me that the meat I had delivered to General Thorg’izog had been treated to make anyone who ate it sick, the boxes I delivered to the dragonmaster Neeralak contained the revived Flamekin who caused chaos amongst the Orc warlocks and the orb I had delivered to Xi’lun was a fake and would not control the Pit Lord he was going to summon and thereby doom their army.  Sure enough, once the Pit Lord was summoned and turned on the Orc army, a red dragon disguised as an obsidian dragon appeared and wreaked further havoc upon the army.  The rout of the army was over fairly quickly and the 3 Orc leaders fled the field in terror to hide themselves.  Troteman asked Keeshan and me to flush them out and finish this battle.  This took us some time as members of the army where still around – either running around in a panic or on patrol trying to regain some kind of control.  We found each of the leaders in their respective hidey-holes and took retribution on them. 

With their leaders killed, the remaining Orc army retreated back to Blackrock Mountain to lick their wounds.  We didn’t destroy the Blackrock Orcs but we dealt them a huge blow that they will not soon recover from and the people of Redridge are at least safe from them.  It was the best we could hope for.  Troteman and Keeshan returned to Redridge and I made my way to Stormwind where I am sitting in my room in the inn writing this letter to you.  I am planning on spending several weeks here before I head out again.  I have heard that the Alliance needs some help in a place called the Swamp of Sorrows – yet another cheerful sounding place to visit.
May the Light keep you safe, my dear friend.

Kahdrii
((currently Level 57))

No comments:

Post a Comment