Monday, March 5, 2012

Kahdrii's 3rd Letter Home

Yaeras,
I hope this letter finds you well.  I promised to let you know if we were able to solve what was going on in Westfall and, well, here it is.

I have tromped all over this place following clues and spent days gathering information for Marshall Stoutmantle.  I have had run-ins with members of this mysterious group and have had to fight for my life for the information I garnered but I believe it was all worth it.  The leader of this group turned out to be a young woman named Vanessa VanCleef seeking revenge for her father.
I had heard the story of her father, Edwin VanCleef, from an elder at the inn who liked to recount stories of the past like so many elders do.  I find stories like that fascinating so since he had an apt listener he related many past events to me.  It seems that this Edwin VanCleef and a group of other stonemasons were hired to rebuild Stormwind at the end of the Second War. It took less than ten years but once the work was done, the House of Nobles refused to pay them.  Edwin and his group vowed to make the House of Nobles pay in some way and formed what became known as the Defias Brotherhood.  They turned to robbery and murder in order to strike back for the wrongs that were done them.  Their headquarters was located in an old mine.  News of that fact reached a band of adventurers who went in there and brought VanCleef to heel and they returned to Marshall Stoutmantle with VanCleef’s head. 

All that happened about 10 or so years ago.  Apparently VanCleef had a daughter that no one knew of and she saw her father killed in front of her and now she is of age is seeking revenge and has revived the Defias Brotherhood to get back at Stormwind and the ones she holds responsible for having her father killed.   She had been adopted and raised by a couple in Westfall but she never forgot.  The old couple that had been killed had recognized her and she couldn’t risk them telling someone so she had them killed.  It is so sad that an act of treachery so long ago has come full circle once again and the past is repeated.  So many needless deaths …
Anyway, we managed to uncover this brotherhood but Vanessa managed to escape and it is believed that she is using her father’s old hideout.  Marshal Stoutmantle and his advisors are working on a strategy to bring her out but I fear that many will die on both sides in getting this done.  Unfortunately, she is dangerous to all citizens and must be brought to justice.  It is out of my hands now and my role in this done.

I was rewarded handsomely for my efforts and I have commissioned some new armor pieces made (you know how terrible my armor was when I left).   I am spending some time in Stormwind while the armor is being made.  I miss you, my old friend, and wish I could see your smiling face and share a pint with you (by the way, the dwarves make some of the best stout I have come across).  My travels would be so much easier with you by my side but we must each walk our own path and you have chosen yours.  May the Light keep you safe.
Kahdrii
((currently level 26))

No comments:

Post a Comment