Friday, March 30, 2012

Kahtraa's 5th Journal Entry

   

It’s been some months since I’ve sat down to write in this thing.  Since I’m recuperating I would say this is a good time to catch up.
I did make my way to the hunter’s camp (whose name is Nesingwary) and they were indeed hiring hunters.  After some negotiations we agreed on a price and I went hunting.  Since the cataclysm a lot of these animals were thrown together in generally the same areas and with so many predators together the habitat cannot continue to support itself.  I did my part and made a hefty sum in the process which is a good thing because I have found that supplies and lodgings can run cost a pretty copper.

The jungle is pretty and serene if you can get past the predators, trolls, goblins and murlocs.  Yes, there are murlocs in this jungle!  I couldn’t believe it when I saw it.  They have apparently claimed a partially sunken ruin as their home and they have included a fairly large area as their own.  This includes part of the trail through Stranglethorn and they attack any traveler who passes on this stretch of trail.  Needless to say, I didn’t appreciate the warm welcome they gave me and I believe I gave them a reason to hesitate attacking anyone else on the trail.  I would have liked to have wiped them out but there are too many of them (they breed like rabbits!) and I didn’t want to commit genocide.  Who am I to decide that their entire tribe doesn’t deserve to live?  Their ways are alien to me but that doesn’t make them evil.  Even so, that doesn’t stop me from defending myself vigorously.
I did have a couple of run ins with the Trolls and Goblins while I was hunting but for the most part I could avoid their camps since they were mostly off the beaten paths.  I understand from the people in Nesingwary’s camp that this jungle used to belong to the Trolls so it’s not unusual to run into tribes that remain.  For the most part I left them alone and they left me alone.  I don’t know what the Goblins are doing in this jungle and neither did the camp but they have been there for some time and the Alliance is aware of their presence so it’s nothing I needed to involve myself with.

From Nesingwary’s camp I made my way south toward a neutral Goblin town called Booty Bay.  It was a nice leisurely trip with no incidents.  Booty Bay is run by a very adept Goblin named Baron Revilgaz.  It was suggested to me that I introduce myself to him as he likes to keep tabs on those who enter his town.  I do so and he gave me this look that I couldn’t decipher and then he offered me a job.  Needless to say I was shocked by that.  He had recently come into possession of intelligence that the pirates in the area were planning an attack on Booty Bay.  He needed a spy to get more information so he could form a defense and the pirates were aware of everyone in the town but I was a new face and he felt I would be perfect for the job.
It sounded exciting and I couldn’t very well let the pirates destroy an entire town so I accepted the job.  I guess there is a high turnover in the pirate organization because I had no trouble getting in with them.  I proved competent in the tasks assigned to me and I quickly rose in the ranks.  Not all of that was due to my skill but the fact that some of those above me seemed to have disappeared from time to time.  I quickly picked up on the fact that when that happened you were not ask questions about the person who disappeared.  In a couple of months I found myself in a trusted position as captain of one of the ships.  In the cabin of the previous captain I found the attack plans and the attack was coming in only a few weeks.  I had to work quickly.  I sabotaged some of the supplies as best I could, stirred up discontentment among the crews and found that some of the new crew that were starting to show up were Worgens.  I made my way back to Booty Bay to find that the Baron had not been idle during the months I was gone and had already had many defenses in place.  With the news I brought him he was able to fine tune his plans.

The attack came a couple of days sooner than expected but Booty Bay was ready for them.  Many lives were lost on both sides and the fighting was fierce and bloody.  The Goblins repelled the pirates and we were able to destroy a couple of their ships.  As the tide of victory turned from the pirates to the Goblins, I made my way to the main ship of the pirate fleet to face the Fleetmaster and hopefully bring the last of this fighting to an end.
I found him in his cabin and he was not surprised to see me.  He immediately attacked and though he was very skilled with the sword, I am a warrior of the Light and have many more years of experience in fighting than he did.  The battle was short but fierce and as he fell there was an explosion beside me which sent me crashing into the bulwark and then darkness.  I opened my eyes to a dim room and a body that ached all over.  I finally figured out I was in a room at the inn and I slowly made my way downstairs to find the Baron enjoying a drink with some of the locals.  He called me over and thanked me for my help and told me what happened after the explosion which was caused by a stray cannon shot.  They had found me among the wreckage of the ship and brought me to the inn for a healer to fix me up.  He told me of the remaining pirates fleeing on the last remaining ship the repair of the town beginning.  He also told me that I had been unconscious for three days and the healer was getting worried about that.  I have decided to stay here for another week to regain my strength and enjoy the sea air for a bit.  After that, I haven’t really decided where I will go but I have a week to figure that out.

Kahtraa
((currently Level 40))

No comments:

Post a Comment