Monday, March 5, 2012

Kahdrii's 2nd Letter Home

My dear Yaeras,
I was so happy to read your letter – I was afraid you might not write back.  I know it’s small of me to be happy to hear that Tayonix received a reprimand for his actions.   Just remember that he is not above giving you grief because you are a friend of mine so take care of yourself.

After my letter to you, I left Stormwind for Westfall.  I was looking for some work and the innkeeper said that she had heard the King’s guard was looking for help at Sentinel Hill.  On my way there, I came across a tragedy in that an old couple had been murdered.  A king’s man was there investigating the incident and since he was short handed, he recruited my help.
It was strange because there were lots of refugees nearby but when I questioned them they all swore they saw nothing.  I did manage to get a few to talk to me of what they saw after passing them a few copper, which I could ill afford but anyone who could do such an atrocity needs to be stopped.  The ones who would talk to me blamed the murlocs and gnolls and when I told the King’s man what I found out he didn’t believe it but sent me to check out them out anyway.  After searching the local camps, I came back empty handed and the King’s man sent me to talk to someone named Two-Shoed Lou who apparently keeps low company and if he wouldn’t talk to me I was to say that the King’s man, whose name is apparently Horatio, sent me.  Once I dropped Horatio’s name to Lou I had no more trouble from him and he told me to check out the Jangolode Mine as he had heard there were things going on there.

I snuck in there having to remove a few kobolds that got in my way.  Near the back of the mine I heard voices – a female’s and an ogre.  Now that was what I called suspicious and I crept close enough to hear what they were talking about.  The female was trying to get the ogre to join her in some endeavor but I never heard exactly what it was.  The ogre was finally pressured to join her and they left.  I retreated down the tunnel and barely found a hiding place in time was they left.  The woman was in shadow the entire time so I never got a good look at her.  Once it was safe I left the mine, the few remaining kobolds ran when they saw me so I had a lot less trouble leaving than I did when I entered the mine.
When I returned to Lou he told me that he had heard there were a group of shady looking people meeting not far from there and I should see if I could find out what they were up to.  I left immediately and found them hiding behind the barn.  There were only four of them and the leader of this small group was handing out gold to the other saying it was recompense for what they had done with the Furlbows.  I had found who had killed the old couple but not the person who had sent them to do the deed!  Unfortunately, as they were about to discuss this mysterious person, I was spotted and they came at me.  They were skilled and I was outnumbered but I am no slouch myself in the fighting department.   I charged them with my battle cry and that startled them momentarily (I don’t believe they were expecting me to stay and fight) which allowed me to strike down one of them quickly.  The others then came at me more cautiously but I had hit my stride by then and was not to be stopped.

When I returned to the farm to seek out Lou again, I found instead Horatio bending over the Lou’s body and a new mystery on our hands.  Horatio suggested I head to the keep on Sentinel Hill and tell Marshal Stoutmantle what’s been happening.  I am heading there tomorrow after I get some rest as it’s been a busy few days for me.  I am giving this letter to Horatio to send for me as he’s heading back to Stormwind to report in.   Hopefully in my next letter I can let you know if we discover who is behind all this.
Until I can write to you again, may the Light keep you safe.

Kahdrii

No comments:

Post a Comment