Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kahdrii's 9th Letter Home

Yaeras,
I hope this letter finds you in good health and sprit.  My spirit seems to be lacking at the moment.

Since the Western Plaguelands I seem to be having some trouble wielding the Light.  It might have been the fight for Andorhal took more out of me than I thought.  I have traveled since then to the jungles of Feralas, the blighted land of the Eastern Plaguelands and the watery land of Thousand Needles.  While I am still able to fight and carry out my duties, I have found that I seem to be just going through the motions and my strikes are not like they were.  I don’t believe the Light has abandoned me but it has definitely dimmed for me.
In Thousand Needles even with the help of a Cenarian Sentinel I was unable to complete my mission.  I was able to stop the Grimtotem Shaman, Elder Stormhoof, and the Grimtotem leader, Grundig Darkcloud, with much difficulty.  They were both very close fights and I had to use every trick I had to defeat them even with the Sentinel’s help.  When it came to facing Arnak Grimtotem, the leader of all the Darkcloud Pinnacle Grimtotems, I failed.  I had to leave the field of battle; the Light was barely enough to keep me alive long enough to escape.  With the help of the Sentinel I was able to bandage up my wounds enough to make it back to the Speedbarge.    Her words were kind and she did not hold it against me that I was unable to finish my task but the glimpse of pity in her eyes as she turned away from me was more than I could take.

I have booked passage to Stormwind from Theramore and I have been in contact with the Order there.  They are worried but feel that I will be able to find my path again.  I will be spending some time there with the Order to try to find what was lost.  My wounds will heal with time and I hope that my spirit will also find healing there; if not, I don’t know what I will do.  You know that I have always been a fighter since the time of the Legion and Draenor.  I have protected our people during our flight from Draenor and here on our new home; it is the only thing I know.  Pray for me, my dear friend, that I find my way to the Light again.
Until I can write again, may the Light keep you safe.

Kahdrii
((currently Level 49))

No comments:

Post a Comment