Friday, March 16, 2012

Kahdrii's 12th Letter Home

My dear Yaeras,
You hadn’t forgotten me and failed to write – all your letters finally caught up to me.  I guess I have been moving around a lot lately.  I devoured your words and am so glad that you have finally headed your wanderlust and left our home.  I am delighted that you have been chosen to accompany the group of priests going to Shattrath, our old home, to study and help those are still on Draenor.  I hope to see you there when I finally make my out there.  I am almost ready but there are still things I need to do here on Azeroth.

As mentioned in my last letter to you, I made my way to the Swamp of Sorrows.  There the Alliance is trying to hold the land against the Orcs.  Each side has a presence in this area and the fighting can be intense.  I helped as much as I was able.  In the process I met Holaaru, one of our brethren who had been transformed by fel energies.  He asked that I retrieve some stolen Draenethyst crystals and return them to Anchorite Avuun who is working out here in an effort to heal the Lost Ones, Draenei that have been transformed so much that they have turned into monsters, killing any who cross their paths.
I was able to retrieve many crystals for the Anchorite and I delivered them myself to him.  I found him at the Harborage attending to a dying friend, Magtoor.  I could see that he was very worried and was trying everything he could to save Magtoor and I offered him my help.  He asked if I would gather some reagents for him to try to find a cure and I gladly went off to retrieve them so I would have to look at the pain in his eyes.  I couldn’t understand it.  The Anchorite is strong in his faith and the use of the Light and yet he was unable to heal his dying friend.  If the Light can’t help someone like the Anchorite what chance did I have?  When I returned to the Anchorite he used the items to concoct a cure but it did not work and Magtoor was still on death’s door.

As Magtoor’s breath came in ragged gasps, a portal opens in the room and through it steps the Prophet Velen!  Anchorite Avuun’s pleas for aid from the Exodar hadn’t been ignored and the Prophet himself answered the call.  I couldn’t believe it.  In the face of the Anchorite’s wavering faith, the Prophet explained that the Light doesn’t like to see suffering but even it is opposed by the Darkness and that the true battle between the two is approaching and if the Dark wins then all mortal suffering will be meaningless.  With that he takes Magtoor’s soul into the Light and with a kind glance at us he took his leave with the parting words “Remember that not all who wander are lost” and stepped back through the portal.  With tears in my eyes for the Anchorite’s loss, I embraced him and murmured words of comfort, which always seems inadequate in such situations, and took my leave to let him grieve in private.
I must study on this but I believe I am beginning to understand.  Could the Prophet have been trying to tell me that I’m really not lost but the answer has been with me all this time?  It is something to think about and I have learned much on this visit to this well named Swamp of Sorrows.

May the Light keep you safe.
Kahdrii
((currently Level 61))

No comments:

Post a Comment