Thursday, March 1, 2012

Karimeter Journal Entry #19

Journal Entry #19
I have asked all around Ironforge looking for anyone with knowledge on how to take care of a dragon egg.  I finally found a dwarf who said he had spent time in Twilight Highlands and had dealings with red dragons.  He suggested I keep it very warm and has managed to help me secure a safe place near the center forge for it right now.  He said he would send word to his kinsman back in Twilight Highlands asking for help with the egg.

Many days later he came to me with word that the red dragonflight at the Vermillion Redoubt in Twilight Highlands had heard about my inquiries due to my being in possession of a red dragon egg and they will be sending an envoy to speak to me about it.  This makes me very nervous.  Rhea was my first contact with dragons and while she was nice enough, the fact that Deathwing showed up to deal with her tells me that dealing in the affairs of dragons is dangerous.
When the envoy arrived later that week, it was a very quiet affair.  I don’t know what I was expecting but the handsome human male wasn’t it.  He introduced himself to me as Novrastrasz and had been requested to return with the egg to Vermillion Redoubt where it could be kept safe and upon hatching could be raised by the rest of the flight.  As loathe as I was to let the egg go, I had to be honest with myself that I knew nothing about dragons and might do more harm than good to it.  I reluctantly handed him the egg with tears threatening to overflow my eyes.  He gently placed a hand on my shoulder and told me it was the best thing to do for all involved and that the kindness would not be forgotten by the egg or the dragonflight.  I nodded my understanding, not trusting myself to speak, and watched him as he left.

I know it’s the best thing for the egg and that we will more than likely cross paths  once it has matured – I plan to make sure of that as I will be making a trip to Twilight Highlands sometime in the future and I will make sure our paths cross.  For now I make my way back to Kalimdor to a place called Tanaris as my presence was requested to give them a hand there.

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment