Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kahdrii's 6th Letter Home

Yaeras,
You will never believe the adventure I’ve been on!  I have just spent several months being a pirate!  Yes, you read that right, I have been a pirate.  Is that just not the most exciting thing ever?  I bet you are wondering how that happened, aren’t you my dear friend?  Well, read on and learn the answer to that question.

I had made my way to Booty Bay as I mentioned in my last letter to you.  This place is run by goblins and they run a tight ship (see what I did there?  Pirate humor ).  I ended up commissioned to help them infiltrate the pirates.  The mayor/leader (I’m not really sure of what his job is) of Booty Bay is a goblin named Baron Revilgaz and he had recently come into possession of some intelligence that the pirates were planning on attacking Booty Bay.  He asked me to infiltrate the pirates and see what I could find out.  You know I love a challenge and this could be fun so I agreed to do it.
I spent weeks swabbing decks, learning to fire cannons, fighting ninjas and other odd jobs.  I slowly garnered their trust and worked my way up the chain of command (there is a huge turnover in the world of piracy!) pretty quickly and I found myself captaining one of Fleet Master Firallon’s ships.  There I found the previous captain’s  charts and plans laid out on a table in his quarters (which were now mine).  It told of the attack on Booty Bay in only a few day’s time.  I had to move quickly.  I sabotaged what I could, stirred up the crews with talk of mutiny and found out that some newcomers were actually worgen.  I then made my way back to Booty Bay to tell the Baron all that I found out so that he could hopefully make some arrangements to defend the place.

Sure enough, several days after my return the pirates attacked in force.  The Baron brought all he could to defend his town – those goblins are tough and know how to fight.  It was a glorious battle.  The defenders fought well even though outnumbered and the pirates gave it back.  I did what I could to help (as you know, I’m no slouch with the sword) and many a pirate fell to my blade.  The dock became slick with blood and the fighting more fierce as the tide turned to favor the defenders.  The Baron called me to him and he asked me to face down Fleet Master Firallon who was holed up on his ship.  I grabbed a windrider to fly me over there and I found the Fleet Master below decks in his quarters. 
Needless to say he was ready for me and I had a fight on my hands.  I was well up to the task but he was an expert swordsman himself.  I finally found an opening in his defenses and I plunged my sword through his chest.  At about the same time as he fell to the deck there was a huge explosion behind me and I was flung into the wall and I remember nothing else until I awoke in a room in Booty Bay.  It seems that a stray cannon shot had hit the ship I was fighting on and I was caught in the explosion.  The Baron’s people rescued me and patched me back up – I was unconscious for about 3 days and they were beginning to wonder if I would ever awake.  We won the battle and they goblins are now in the process of rebuilding the damage that was done.  The Baron was very appreciative and gave me a nice bounty for my part in saving his town.  The innkeeper is letting me stay there as long as I need to recuperate from my injuries – not only from the explosion on the ship but the Fleet Master managed to find an opening in my armor and gave me a pretty nasty wound that I didn’t feel in the heat of the battle.  I’m lucky to be alive.

I wish you were here with me Yaeras, to feel your strong hands healing me and then your arms around me to hold me tight and lend me your strength.  One day it will be so again, Light willing.  Until then, may the Light keep you safe, my dear friend.
Kahdrii

((currently Level 39))

No comments:

Post a Comment