Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kahtraa's 3rd Journal Entry

   

Wow, keeping a journal is more difficult than I thought it would be.  I keep forgetting to write in it.  Well, I am a woman of action and not of letters after all.
I arrived at Thelsamar and I found the Dwarves here very friendly.  I was immediately invited to sit and have a drink with them.  After such a long journey, a drink was very welcome.  I asked about the area and they were very forthcoming with the news.  They were having trouble with the gnolls, kobolds and murlocs (again with the murlocs!) which seemed to have moved up from the Wetlands once the damn was destroyed.  They all seemed to be in working together and the Dwarves needed to break up the alliance of these creatures.  From what the Dwarves could determine, the kobolds and murlocs were working for the gnolls.  Since the Dwarves were short-handed, relief troops had not yet arrived, I offered to help them out.

They had a plan to deal with the murlocs and kobolds.  For the murlocs, I got scent glands off of some of them and Cannary Caskshot created a concoction to throw on the gnoll ambassador who was meeting with the murlocs.  It seems that this scent drives the murlocs into a frenzy and with it being all over the ambassador he is sure to take the brunt of it.  If the ambassador is killed in the frenzy then the gnolls will answer in kind and they might even wipe each other out or at the least decimate each other’s numbers.
With the kobolds, we took a more direct approach by killing their leader and driving them from the Silver Stream Mine.  The kobolds had killed the miners and stolen mining gear from the remaining miners.  With my help, we reclaimed the mine and the gear and killed many kobolds while the survivors fled.

When we finally completed our tasks, the Dwarves and I celebrated by lifting a pint of ale (or two or three or more) and singing bawdy songs.  The next day, the innkeeper told me that Farstrider Lodge needed help with the wildlife in the eastern part of Loch Modan and they were paying well for the help.  Once my head stopped throbbing, I made my way out there.
The innkeeper in Thelsamar was right, they had several tasks I could at Farstrider Lodge.  There was an over population of the local wildlife and I thinned that out some.  While doing that I came across a dark iron dwarf hiding out in a cave that I had stopped to investigate to make sure there wasn’t a wild animal denning there.  He charged at me and fortunately I am more lithe than a Dwarf and I was able to barely dodge his slashing attack.  His charge carried him past me but gave me time to draw my axe and I was able to answer his attack.  I think he underestimated me and my ability and I was able to get in several good slashes before delivering the final killing blow.  Upon searching his body and his personal effects, I found a stash of documents that had the Dwarven Explorer’s League seal upon it. 

I remember having heard talk at the inn in Thelsamar that some documentation had recently been stolen.  I was deciding to return these found documents to the Explorer’s League when I noticed a journal entry stating that he had stashed other stacks of documents in various places for pickup by someone and he had even been kind enough to mark on a map the various areas where these documents where located.   It seems that these spots are scheduled drop off/pick up areas for whoever he was working for.  I didn’t have time to stake any of these places out but I did travel around and recover all of the stolen documents for which the representative of the Explorer’s League in Thelsamar was very grateful.
I stopped back at the inn for dinner and a soft bed for the night when I heard a human traveler who was passing through on his way to the Wetlands say that Duskwood, a town near Stormwind, was overrun by Worgen and still had pockets of Scourge to deal with.  I decided that will be next stop.

Kahtraa
((currently Level 25))

No comments:

Post a Comment