Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kahdrii's 1st Letter Home

Okay, I've rolled yet another paladin (I better get one to 85 soon or I'm going to have an entire account of paladins from this challenge). I enjoyed writing the journal for Kari because it seemed to add something extra to my play and made her come more alive to me - which is why her death at 55 hit me hard.

Anyway, here is my first entry for my newest pally - Kahdrii - she will be writing letters home to a very dear friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaeras, my dear friend,

It has been many weeks since I left the Exodar so unexpectedly. I’m sorry I haven’t written to you sooner but I thought it might be best if I calmed down some first. I know you are thinking that it was my hot headedness that caused me to leave in the first place and you would be a little bit correct on that point.

You know how I hate being told I am not able to do something, especially when I know full well that I am more than capable of it. When Tayonix laughed at me and told me that I would never be able to make my way from the Exodar and that I would spend the rest of my days in the service of the Hand of Argus, well, you know how that would set me off. The Light only knows how much trouble I am in with the Triumvirate for striking a superior officer like that but he has been on my tail for so many years and I finally snapped. I hope that a healer did not fix his nose properly – my hand still hurts from giving him that blow. Without even a second thought, one of my many shortcomings it seems, I packed and left. I’m sorry I didn’t bid you farewell but I didn’t want anyone to try to stop me. I really believe that my path is to be found out in this new world we find ourselves on.

I spent a couple of days in Darnassus trying to book passage to the Eastern Kingdoms. I felt that the farther away I went to start with the better off I would be. After spending weeks on a ship, we finally docked in Stormwind Harbor. I have currently taken a room at The Gilded Rose if you need, or want, to contact me. If I leave there I will leave forwarding information with the innkeeper. This city is magnificent! There are people from all races here and I am trying to take in as much as I can – there is such life here despite all the tragedy that has happened.

I will write again soon, my dear friend. May the Light keep you safe.

Kahdrii

No comments:

Post a Comment